Austrian Wine Academy: Three different WSET Level 4 Diploma Courses
- The WSET Diploma course format ‘International’ with three course blocks between 7-10 days, one in Rust (Austrian Wine Academy), the second between Rust (Austrian Wine Academy) and Vienna (Palais Coburg) and the third in Florence starting in May 2020
- The WSET Diploma course format ‘Central Europe’ with six course blocks between 2-5 days in Rust (Austrian Wine Academy) starting in May 2020
- The WSET Diploma course format ‘Rheingau / Burgenland / Alto Adige / Zurich’ with six course blocks between 2-5 days in Geisenheim (Geisenheim University), Rust (Austrian Wine Academy), Wädenswil (Zurich University, Campus Wädenswil) and Bressanone/Brixen (Kloster Neustift) starting in September 2020
These Diploma programs offered by the Austrian Wine Academy are special in many respects. The courses are coordinated by Dr. Josef Schuller MW, Austria’s first MW and past Chairman of the Institute of Masters of Wine. In addition to the high-class Diploma lectures with an international team of eight MWs and leading world-class scientists there will be wine study trips to different winegrowing areas of Austria, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Hungary depending on the course format. These trips take place during the course blocks and are included in the course fee.
In order to support study and travel costs, various bursary schemes are available for students accepted to one of the Diploma courses. For more information, please see: https://www.weinakademie.at/Diploma_Bursary_Scheme20.pdf
Another difference to WSET Diploma courses in other countries is the fact that the graduates of these courses are awarded the prestigious title “Weinakademiker” on completion of an additional thesis and a viva-voce exam. Successful graduates are requested to sign a code of conduct and join the international alumni association “Weinakademiker Club”. This title is especially established in Central Europe and to date more than 850 Weinakademiker come from 41 different countries from around the globe.
The next WSET Level 4 Diploma course formats ‘International’ and ‘Central Europe’ will start in Rust (Austria) in May 2020. The dates and all further relevant information are available on the Austrian Wine Academy's website:
- ‘International’: https://www.weinakademie.at/diploma-international.php (direct link to the brochure: https://www.weinakademie.at/pdf/DSI2020.pdf)
- ‘Central Europe’: https://www.weinakademie.at/diploma_course.php (direct link to the brochure: https://www.weinakademie.at/pdf/DSE2020.pdf)
The registration deadline for both courses is Friday, 27 March 2020.
Austrian Wine Marketing Board
Ms Sabine Bauer-Wolf
Division Manager Communication
Mr Georg Schullian
Head of Department Press, PR & Corporate Design