Fish with Asparagus
The creativity in Austrian cuisine today is showing more and more interesting asparagus and fish combinations. The range of recipes is, of course, vast, but the wine should always be from the supreme quality league and show finesse in particular. Fine versions of Weißburgunder, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Gemischter Satz and Grüner Veltliner are superb.
Pairs nicely with
- Sauvignon Blanc - from top single vineyard sites; 2-3 years old
- Weißburgunder - with much elegance; classic; dry
- Grüner Veltliner - Reserve level; elegant
- Gemischter Satz - Reserve level; with finesse
- Riesling - Reserve (Smaragd) level